Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical Faculty, Recep Tayyip Erdogan University, Rize, Turkey.
Introduction: The aim of this study was to evaluate the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR), platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio (PLR), and mean platelet volume (MPV) in patients with recurrent aphthous stomatitis (RAS). Materials and Methods: Eighty patients who were diagnosed with RAS between January 2014 and January 2016 were included in this study. Eighty age- and gender-matched healthy subjects were also enrolled as a control group. Neutrophil, lymphocyte, and platelet counts were compared between groups, in addition to NLR, PLR, and MPV values. Results: There was no significant difference in terms of lymphocyte count, platelet count, PLR, or MPV values between the two groups (P>0.05). However, white blood count, neutrophil count, and NLR were significantly higher in patients with RAS compared with the control group (P
5. Bucak A, Ulu S, Oruc S, et al. Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as a novel-potential marker for predicting prognosis of Bell palsy. Laryngoscope 2014; 124: 1678–81.
6. Eryilmaz A, Basal Y, Omurlu IK. Can Head and Neck Cancers Be Detected with Mean Platelet Volume? Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2015; 16: 7045–7.
7. Eryilmaz A, Basal Y, Tosun A, Kurt Omurlu I, Basak S. The neutrophil to lymphocyte ratios of our pediatric patients with Bell's palsy. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2015;79:2374–7.
8. Simsek G, Haytoglu S, Muluk NB, Arikan OK, Cortuk M, Kiraz K. Mean Platelet Volume Decreases in Adult Patients With Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Uvulopalatal Flap Surgery. J Craniofac Surg 2015;26:2152–4.
9. Ekiz O, Balta I, Sen BB, Rifaioglu EN, Ergin C, Balta S, et al. Mean platelet volume in recurrent aphthous stomatitis and Behcet disease. Angiology 2014; 65:161–5.
10. Ulu S, Ulu MS, Bucak A, et all.. Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio as a new, quick, and reliable indicator for predicting diagnosis and prognosis of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Otol Neurotol 2013; 34:1400–4.
11. Bayram A, Yasar M, Dogan M, et all.. Assessment of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio, platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio and mean platelet volume in patients with tinnitus. ENT Updates 2015;5:103–6.
12. Ozler GS, Akoglu E. The Relationship Between Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio and Recurrent Aphthous Stomatitis. J Clin Anal Med 2016;7: 152–4.
13. Alan S, Tuna S, Turkoglu EB. The relation of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio, platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio, and mean platelet volume with the presence and severity of Behcet's syndrome. Kaohsiung J Med Sci 2015;31:626–31.