1. Kaushal P, Brown DJ, Lander L, Brietzke S, Shah RK. Aspirated foreign bodies in pediatric patients, 1968-2010: a comparison between the United States and other countries. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2011;75(10):1322–6.
2. Singh JK, Vasudevan V, Bharadwaj N, Narasimhan KL. Role of tracheostomy in the management of foreign body airway obstruction in children, Singapore Med J 2009;50(9):871–4
3. Gregori D, Salerni L, Scarinzi C, Morra B, Berchialla P, Snidero S, et al. Foreign bodies in the nose causing complications and requiring hospitalization in children 0-14 age: results from the European survey of foreign bodies injuries study. Rhinology 2008;46(1):28–33.
4. Karatzanis AD, Vardouniotis A, Moschandreas J, Prokopakis EP, Michailidou E, Papadakis C, et al. The risk of foreign body aspiration in children can be reduced with proper education of the general population. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2007;71: 311–5.
5. Pasaoglu I, Dogan R, Demircin M, Hatipoglu A, Bozer AY. Bronchoscopic removal of foreign bodies in children: retrospective analysis of 822 cases. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1990;39:95–8.
6. Metrangelo S, Monetti C, Meneghini L, Zadra N, Giusti F. Eight years’ experience with foreign body aspiration in children: what is really important for a timely diagnosis? J Pediatr Surg 1999;34:1229–31.
7. Khurana AS, Verma SK, Sohal BS. Foreign body bronchus – presenting with asthma. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1999;52:107–8.
8. Kalyanappagol VT, Kulkarni NH, Bidri LH. Management of tracheobronchial foreign body aspirations in pediatrics age group – a 10-year retrospective analysis. Ind J Anaesth. 2007; 51(1): 20–3.
9. Litman RS, Ponnuri, J, Trogan I. Anesthesia for tracheal or bronchial foreign body removal in children: an analysis of ninety-four cases. Anesth Analg 2000; 91:1389–91.
10. Rimell FL, Thome Jr A, Stool S, Reilly JS. Rider G, Stool D. et al. Characteristics of objects that cause choking in children. JAMA 1996; 274:1763–6.
11. Srppnath J, Mahendrakar V. Management of trachea bronchial foreign bodies – A retrospective analysis, Ind J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2002; 54(2):127–31.
12. Kalyanappagol VT, Kulkarni NH, Bidri LH. Management of tracheobronchial foreign body aspirations in pediatrics age group – a 10-year retrospective analysis. Ind J Anaesth 2007;51(1):20-3.
13. Sersar SI, Rizk WH, Bilal M, Eidiasty MM, Eltantawy TA, Abdelhakam BB. et al. Inhaled foreign bodies: presentation, management and value of history and plain chest radiography in delayed presentation. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006; 134:92–9.
14. Tokar B, Ozkan R, Ilhan H. Tracheobronchial foreign bodies in children: importance of accurate history and plain chest radiography in delayed presentation. Clin Radiol 2004; 59:609–15.
15. Khurana AS, Verma SK, Sohal BS. Foreign body bronchus – presenting with asthma. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1999; 52:107–8.
Daniilidis J, Symeonidis B, Triaridis K, Kouloulas
A. Foreign body in the airways: a review of 90 cases. Arch Otolaryngol 1977; 103: 570–3.
17. Tan HK, Brown K, McGill T, Kenna M, P.Lund D, B.Healy G. Airway foreign bodies (FB): a 10-year review. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2000;56: 9 –99.
18. Gregori D, Salerni L, Scarinzi C, Morra B, Berchialla P, Snidero S, et al. Foreign bodies in the upper airways causing complications and requiring hospitalization in children aged 0–14 years: results from the ESFBI study. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2008; 265: 971–8.
19. Banerjee A, Rao KS, Khanna SK. Laryngotracheo-bronchial foreign bodies in children. J Laryngol Otol 1988;102:1029–32.
20. Hui H, Lina, Zhijun C, Fugao Z, Yan S, Niankai Z, et al. Therapeutic experience from 1428 patients with pediatric tracheobronchial foreign body. J Pediatr Surg 2008; 43: 718–21.
21. Kad N, Dureja J, Thakur A, Ghotia R, Hooda S. Bronchoscopic removal of an unusual, long standing aspired foreign body. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2009;25: 375–86.