1. Bilotta F, Branca G, Lam A, Cuzzone V, Doronzio A, Rosa G. Endotracheal lidocaine in preventing endotracheal suctioning-induced changes in cerebral hemodynamics in patients with severe head trauma. Neurocrit Care 2008; 8(2): 241–6.
2. Kloub R. Sore throat following tracheal intubation. Middle East J Anesthesiol 2001 16(1): 29–40.
3. Ruangsin S, Wanasuwannakul T, Pattaravit N, Asim W. Effectiveness of a preoperative single dose intravenous dexamethasone in reducing the prevalence of postoperative sore throat after endotracheal intubation. J Med Assoc Thai 2012;95(5): 657–60.
4. Sumathi PA, Shenoy T, Ambareesha M, Krishna HM. Controlled comparison between betamethasone gel and lidocaine jelly applied over tracheal tube to reduce postoperative sore throat, cough, and hoarseness of voice. Br J Anaesth 2008;100 (2): 215–8. Epub 2007 Nov 16.
5. Stone DJ, Gal TJ. Airway management. In: Miller RD (ed): Anesthesia. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone Co; 2000. 1414–51.
6. Henderson J. Airway management in the adult: Vol. II. In Ronald D. Miller RD (ed). Anesthesia. 7th ed. Philadelphia Churchill Livingstone Co; Elsevier, 2010. 1573–611.
7. Ahmed A, Abbasi S, Ghafoor HB, Ishaq M. Postoperative sore throat after elective surgical procedures. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2007; 19 (2): 12–14.
8. Roscoe A, Kanellakos GW, McRae K, Slinger P. Pressures exerted by endobronchial devices. Anesth Analg 2007; 104(3): 655–8.
9. Kazemi A, Amini A. The effect of betamethasone gel in reducing sore throat, cough, and hoarseness after laryngo-tracheal intubation. Middle East J Anesthesiol 2007; 19 (1): 197–204.
10. Navarro LH, Braz JR, Nakamura G, Lima RM, Silva Fde P, Módolo NS. Effectiveness and safety of endotracheal tube cuffs filled with air versus filled with alkalinized lidocaine: a randomized clinical trial. Sao Paulo Med J 2007; 125(6): 322–8.
11. McHardy FE, Chung F. Postoperative sore throat: cause, prevention and treatment. Anaesthesia 1999; 54(5): 444–53.
12. Tanaka Y, Nakayama T, Nishimori M, Sato Y, Furuya H. Lidocaine for preventing postoperative sore throat. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; 8(3): CD004081. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD004081.pub2.
13. Ayoub CM, Ghobashy A, Koch ME, McGrimley L, Pascale VP,Qadir S, et al. Widespread application of topical steroids to decrease sore throat, hoarseness, and cough after tracheal intubation. AnesthAnalg 1998; 87(3):714–6
14. Honarmand A, Safavi M. Beclomethasone inhaler versus intravenous lidocaine in the prevention of postoperative airway and throat complaints: a randomized, controlled trial. Ann Saudi Med 2008; 28(1): 11–6.
15. Elhakim M, Ali NM, Rashed I, Riad MK, Refat M. Dexamethasone reduces postoperative vomiting and pain after pediatric tonsillectomy. Can J Anaesth 2003; 50(4): 392–7.
16. Thomas S, Beevi S. Dexamethasone reduces the severity of postoperative sore throat. Can J Anaesth 2007; 54 (11): 897–901.
17. Park SH, Han SH, Do SH, Kim JW, Rhee KY, Kim JH. Prophylactic dexamethasone decreases the incidence of sore throat and hoarseness after tracheal extubation with a double-lumen endobronchial tube. Anesth Analg 2008; 107(6): 1814–8.
18. Selvaraj T, Dhanpal R. Evaluation of the application of topical steroids on the endotracheal tube in decreasing postoperative sore throat. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2002; 18: 167–70
19. McHardy FE, Chung F. Postoperative sore throat: cause, prevention and treatment. Anaesthesia 1999; 54: 444–53.
20. Sumathi PA, Shenoy T, Ambareesha M, Krishna HM. Controlled comparison between betamethasone gel and lidocaine jelly applied over tracheal tube to reduce postoperative sore throat, cough, and hoarseness of voice. Br J Anaesth 2008; 100(2): 215–8.
21. Epstein SK. Corticosteriods to prevent postextubation upper airway obstruction: the evidence mounts. Crit Care 2007; 11: 156.
22. Lubenow TR, Ivankovich AD, Mc Carthy RJ. Management of acute postoperative pain. In: Barash PG, Cullen BF, Stoelting RK (Eds).Clinical Anesthesia. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Inc; 2001. 1403–34.
23. Yao XL, Cowan MJ, Gladwin MT, Lawrence MM, Angus CW, Shelhamer JH. Dexamethasone alters arachidonate release from human epithelial cells by induction of p11 protein synthesis and inhibiting phospholipase A2 activity. J Biol Chem 1999; 274: 17202–8.