1. Khayatzadeh-Mahani A, Takian A. Family physician program in Iran: considerations for adapting the policy in urban settings. Archives of Iranian medicine. 2014;17(11):776-8.
2. Donnelly MJ, Quraishi MS, McShane DP. ENT and general practice: a study of paediatric ENT problems seen in general practice and recommendations for general practitioner training in ENT in Ireland. Irish journal of medical science. 1995;164(3):209-11.
3. Forrest CB, Nutting PA, Starfield B, von Schrader S. Family physicians' referral decisions: results from the ASPN referral study. The Journal of family practice. 2002;51(3):215-22.
4. Piterman L, Koritsas S. Part II. General practitioner-specialist referral process. Internal medicine journal. 2005;35(8):491-6.
5. Bourguet C, Gilchrist V, McCord G. The consultation and referral process. A report from NEON. Northeastern Ohio Network Research Group. The Journal of family practice. 1998; 46(1): 47-53.
6. Grol R, Rooijackers-Lemmers N, van Kaathoven L, Wollersheim H, Mokkink H. Communication at the interface: do better referral letters produce better consultant replies? The British journal of general practice : the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners. 2003;53(488):217-9.
7. Forrest CB, Glade GB, Baker AE, Bocian A, von Schrader S, Starfield B. Coordination of specialty referrals and physician satisfaction with referral care. Archives of pediatrics & adolescent medicine. 2000;154(5):499-506.
8. Lee T, Pappius EM, Goldman L. Impact of inter-physician communication on the effectiveness of medical consultations. The American journal of medicine. 1983;74(1):106-12.
9. Jenkins RM. Quality of general practitioner referrals to outpatient departments: assessment by specialists and a general practitioner. The British journal of general practice : the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners1993;43(368):111-3.
10. Williams PT, Peet G. Differences in the value of clinical information: referring physicians versus consulting specialists. The Journal of the American Board of Family Practice/ American Board of Family Practice. 1994;7(4):292-302.
11. Dupont C. Quality of referral letters. Lancet. 2002;359(9318):1701.
12. Francois J. Tool to assess the quality of consultation and referral request letters in family medicine. Canadian family physician Medecin de famille canadien. 2011;57(5):574-5.
13. O'Malley AS, Reschovsky JD. Referral and consultation communication between primary care and specialist physicians: finding common ground. Archives of internal medicine. 2011;171(1):56-65.
14. Bowling A, Redfern J. The process of outpatient referral and care: the experiences and views of patients, their general practitioners, and specialists. The British journal of general practice : the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners. 2000;50(451):116-20.
15. Webb JB, Khanna A. Can we rely on a general practitioner's referral letter to a skin lesion clinic to prioritize appointments and does it make a difference to the patient's prognosis? Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.2006; 88(1):40-5.
16. Worrall G. One hundred earaches. Family practice case series. Canadian family physician Medecin de famille canadien. 2000;46:1081-4.
17. McIsaac WJ, Coyte P, Croxford R, Harji S, Feldman W. Referral of children with otitis media. Do family physicians and pediatricians agree? Canadian family physician Medecin de famille canadien. 2000;46:1780-2,5-8.
18. Newton J, Hayes V, Hutchinson A. Factors influencing general practitioners' referral decisions. Family practice. 1991;8(4):308-13.
19. Akl EA, Mustafa R, Wilson MC, Symons A, Moheet A, Rosenthal T, et al. Curricula for teaching the content of clinical practice guidelines to family medicine and internal medicine residents in the US: a survey study. Implementation science: IS. 2009;4:59.
20. Mostert MC, Richardus JH, de Man RA. Referral of chronic hepatitis B patients from primary to specialist care: making a simple guideline work. Journal of hepatology. 2004; 41(6): 1026-30.
21. Murray M. Reducing waits and delays in the referral process. Family practice management. 2002;9(3):39-42.
22. Webb S, Lloyd M. Prescribing and referral in general practice: a study of patients' expectations and doctors' actions. The British journal of general practice: the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners. 1994;44(381):165-9.
23. Armstrong D, Fry J, Armstrong P. Doctors' perceptions of pressure from patients for referral. BMJ(Clinical research ed).1991;302(6786):1186-8.
24. Hosseini Faraji H. Performance evaluation of family physician program in Imam Khomeini's Relief Committee Yazd province [dissertation]. Yazd: Azad Islamic University 2005.
25. Nasrollahpour Shirvani D, Ashrafian Amiri H, Motlagh ME, Kabir MJ, Maleki MR, Shabestani Monfared A, et al. Evaluation of the function of referral system in family physician program in northern provinces of Iran. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2008;11(6):46-52.
26. Chaman R, Amiri M, Raei M. National family physician plan and referral system. Paiesh. 2012;6:785-90.
27. Fertig A, Roland M, King H, Moore T. Understanding variation in rates of referral among general practitioners: are inappropriate referrals important and would guidelines help to reduce rates? BMJ (Clinical research ed)1993;307(6917):1467-70.
28. Steinmann P, Baimatova M, Wyss K. Patient referral patterns by family doctors and to selected specialists in Tajikistan. International health. 2012;4(4):268-76.
29. Eshrati b, Hosseini SS, Farahani M, Azimi M, Zamanian M. Assessing the referral rate of Family Medicine Program from the first level to the second level using funnel plot in Markazi province (Iran) in 2011. Arak University of Medical Sciences Journal. 2013;16(4):0-.
30. Baker R, Lecouturier J, Bond S. Explaining variation in GP referral rates for x-rays for back pain. Implementation science : IS. 2006;1:15.
31. Franks P, Mooney C, Sorbero M. Physician referral rates: style without much substance? Medical care. 2000;38(8):836-46.
32. Walsh K. Professionalism in medical education: could an academy play a role? Medical teacher. 2007;29(5):425-6.
33. Maguire P, Pitceathly C. Key communication skills and how to acquire them. BMJ (Clinical research ed). 2002;325(7366):697-700.
34. Blundell N, Clarke A, Mays N. Interpretations of referral appropriateness by senior health managers in five PCT areas in England: a qualitative investigation. Quality & safety in health care. 2010;19(3):182-6.
35. Barnett ML, Song Z, Landon BE. Trends in physician referrals in the United States, 1999-2009. Archives of internal medicine. 2012;172(2):163-70.
36. Machlin SR. Expenses for office-based physician visits by specialty, 2004. Carper K, Medical Expenditure Panel S, editors. Rockville, Md.: Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2007.
37. Franks P, Clancy CM. Referrals of adult patients from primary care: demographic disparities and their relationship to HMO insurance. The Journal of family practice. 1997;45(1):47-53.
38. Mayer TR. Family practice referral patterns in a health maintenance organization. The Journal of family practice. 1982;14(2):315-9.
39. Brock C. Consultation and referral patterns of family physicians. The Journal of family practice. 1977;4(6):1129-37.
40. Anthony D. Changing the nature of physician referral relationships in the US: the impact of managed care. Social science & medicine. 2003; 56(10):2033-44.
41. Knottnerus JA, Joosten J, Daams J. Comparing the quality of referrals of general practitioners with high and average referral rates: an independent panel review. The British journal of general practice: the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners. 1990;40(334):178-81.
42. Reynolds GA, Chitnis JG, Roland MO. General practitioner outpatient referrals: do good doctors refer more patients to hospital? BMJ (Clinical research ed). 1991;302(6787):1250-2.
43. Bertakis KD, Callahan EJ, Azari R, Robbins JA. Predictors of patient referrals by primary care residents to specialty care clinics. Family medicine. 2001;33(3):203-9.