1. Borkoski Barreiro SA, Falcón González JC, Bueno Yanes J, Pérez Bermúdez JL, López Cano Z, Ramos Macías Á. Results of an Early Hearing Detection Program. Acta Otorrinolaringologica (English Edition) 2013;64(2):92-6.
2. Frank-Briggs AI. Childhood Hearing Impairment: How do Parents Feel about it? Nigerian Health Journal. 2013;12(4):102-5.
3. De Capua B, Costantini D, Martufi C, Latini G, Gentile M, De Felice C. Universal neonatal hearing screening: the Siena (Italy) experience on 19,700 newborns. Early Human Development 2007; 83(9): 601-6.
4. De Leenheer E, Janssens S, Padalko E, Loose D, Leroy B, Dhooge I. Etiological diagnosis in the hearing impaired newborn: Proposal of a flow chart. Int J Ped Otorhinolaryngol 2011;75(1):27-32.
5. Onoda RM, Azevedo MFd, Santos AMNd. Neonatal Hearing Screening: failures, hearing loss and risk indicators. Brazilian J Otorhinolaryngol. 2011; 77(6):775-83.
6. Vohr BR, Jodoin-Krauzyk J, Tucker R, Johnson MJ, Topol D, Ahlgren M. Results of newborn screening for hearing loss: effects on the family in the first 2 years of life. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine 2008; 162(3):205-11.
7. Ptok M. Early detection of hearing impairment in newborns and infants. Deutsches Ärzteblatt International 2011; 108(25):426.
8. Firouzbakht M, Eftekhar Ardebili H, Majlesi F, Rahimi A, Ansari M, Esmailzadeh M. Prevalence of neonatal hearing impairment in province capitals. Journal of School of Public Health & Institute of Public Health Research 2008;5(4):1-9.
9. Yamamah GA, El-Saiid EM, Abdelraouf ER, Mourad AA. Factors Affecting Hearing Aids Efficiency In Children With Hearing Loss At South Sinai. JASMR 2011; 6(2):111-6.
10. Kent B, Smith S. They only see it when the sun shines in my ears: Exploring perceptions of adolescent hearing aid users. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. 2006; 11(4):461-76.
11. Ebadollahi H, & Movaqar Narbin Mansour; Stigma and social identity: A case study of the social factors stigmatizing people with obvious physical disabilities in Rasht, Quarterly of Survey of Iran Social Issues, 2012;2 (5):195-222 [Persian].
12. Olecká I, Ivanová, K. Resilience of Parents of Hearing-Impaired Children–Systematic Review. Peer reviewed journal for health professions. 2012; 2:1-10.
13. Wallhagen MI. The stigma of hearing loss. The Gerontologist 2010; 50(1):66-75.
14. Gagné J-P, Jennings MB, Southall K. Understanding the Stigma Associated with Hearing Loss in Older Adults. Hearing care for adults. 2009: 203-12.
15. Lutz HR, Patterson BJ, Klein J. Coping with autism: A journey toward adaptation. Journal of pediatric nursing. 2012;27(3):206-13.
16. Kouhsali M, Mirzamani S.M, Mohammadkhani P, Karimlou M. Comparison of social adjustment between mothers of educable mentally retarded girls and mothers of normal girls in Kashan. Journal of Rehabilitation 2007; 8(29):40-5.
17. Movallali G, Nemati S. Difficulties in parenting hearing-impaired children.Audiology2010;18(1):1-11.
18. Atcherson S. Stigma and misconceptions of hearing loss: Implications for healthcare professionals with hearing loss. Journal of the Association of Medical Professionals With Hearing Losses. 2002; 1(1): n.p
19. Dehnavi SR, Nori A, Jafari M, Faramarzi S. Investigating Stigma Phenomenon among Mothers with Down Syndrome Children in Isfahan: A Psycho-Social Approach. Journal of Family Research 2008; 5(3):401-16.
20. Green SE. “We’re tired, not sad”: Benefits and burdens of mothering a child with a disability. Social Science & Medicine 2007;64(1):150-63.
21. Shin JY, McDonaugh RG. Types, availability, and perception of social support among parents of young children with cognitive delays in Vietnam. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research. 2008; 31(2):131-9.
22. Girma E, Möller-Leimkühler AM, Dehning S, Mueller N, Tesfaye M, Froeschl G. Self-stigma among caregivers of people with mental illness: toward caregivers’ empowerment. J Multidiscip Healthc 2014; 7: 37-43.
23. Burns N GS, Gray J. [The practice of nursing research: appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence]. 6st ed. Arlington Texas: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2009:382.
24. Goffman E. Stigma: Notes on the management of spoiled identity. Simon and Schuster; 1963.
25. Eyalati N, Jafari Z, Ashayeri H, Salehi M, Kamali M. Effects of Parental Education Level and Economic Status on the Needs of Families of Hearing-Impaired Children in the Aural Rehabilitation Program. Iranian journal of otorhinolaryngology. 2013;25(70):41-8.
26. Pelchat D, Levert M-J, Bourgeois-Guérin V. how do mothers and fathers who have a child with a disability describe their adaptation/transformation process? Journal of Child Health Care. 2009; 13(3): 239-59.
27. Bat-Chava Y. Group identification and self-esteem of deaf adults. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 1994;20(5):494-502.
28. Kumar Y, Lalitha V. Attitude of Parents towards Hearing Impaired Children. IOSR Journal of Engineering 2013; 3(1):11-3.
29. Spahn C, Richter B, Burger T, Löhle E, Wirsching M. A comparison between parents of children with cochlear implants and parents of children with hearing aids regarding parental distress and treatment expectations. International journal of pediatric otorhinolaryngology 2003;67(9):947-55.
30. Quittner AL, Steck JT, Rouiller RL. Cochlear implants in children: A study of parental stress and adjustment. Otology & Neurotology 1991;12:95-104.
31. Burger T, Spahn C, Richter B, Eissele S, Löhle E, Bengel J. Parental distress: The initial phase of hearing aid and cochlear implant fitting. American annals of the deaf 2005; 150(1):5-10.
32. Gilbey P. Qualitative analysis of parents’ experience with receiving the news of the detection of their child's hearing loss. International journal of pediatric otorhinolaryngology 2010;74(3):265-70.
33. Jackson CW, Traub RJ, Turnbull AP. Parents' Experiences With Childhood Deafness Implications for Family-Centered Services. Communication disorders quarterly 2008; 29(2):82-98.
34. Narimani M, Agha mohammadian H, Rajabi S. A comparison between the mental health of mothers of exceptional children and mothers of normal children. The Quarterly Journal of Fundamentals of Mental Health 2007; 9(33-34):15-24.
35. Jackson CW, Wegner JR, Turnbull AP. Family quality of life following early identification of deafness. Language, speech, and hearing services in schools 2010; 41(2):194-205.
36. Daramadi P. Impact of children’s hearing impair- ment on emotional reactions of family. Knowledge and
research in psychology 2003; 15: 121-42.
37. Azar M, Badr LK. The adaptation of mothers of children with intellectual disability in Lebanon. Journal of Transcultural Nursing 2006;17(4):375-80.
38. Fernández MC, Arcia E. Disruptive behaviors and maternal responsibility: A complex portrait of stigma, self-blame, and other reactions. Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences 2004; 26(3):356-72.